Wednesday, October 14, 2020

My Experience Taking the MOS-100 Certification Exam!

 Hello All,

Yesterday, October 13, 2020, I took the MOS-100 certification exam, and I can officially announce that I passed the exam. This is such exciting information to hear because I am the first student in my class to take the proctored exam, so I was uncertain on what to expect. I will say that the projects and processes were very similar to what was practiced in GMetrix. I was allowed 50 minutes to complete the examination and I was able to finish with 20 minutes left. I spent an extra five minutes reviewing my work and going back to questions I believe I may not have answered correctly. I am pleased that I was able to complete the proctored exam on my Mac desktop, opposed to completing the exam on a small laptop screen which is hard to navigate with a trackpad. The only issue I did have with the examination was during the login process and trying to connect with the proctor. Every time I would login with my Certiport credentials using the hyperlink that was emailed by Certiport to join the meeting, I was met with several error messages (even after refreshing as it instructs). Moreover, it took five attempts for the system to finally work, which was very concerning because the proctor only allows you 15 minutes after the start time to join and if not, you will lose your opportunity to take the exam. Overall, I am pleased with my experience, I am happy to be certified in Microsoft Word, and I look forward to also becoming certified in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. 90% of why I selected this specific class section was to attain these certifications, an option that is not available in all class section offerings; thus, I am ecstatic to attain the first of three certifications in the MOS Associate series.



8 comments:

  1. I just finished my exam a few hours ago, and although I did not beat your high score, I passed :) I did not have issues with logging in (other than forgetting my username), but I probably would have freaked out if I kept getting error messages like you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on leading the charge on challenging the MOS Word certification exam (MO-100) ^_^ At the time of this blog post, five more students faced MO0-100 and your score still rank the highest! Keep up this momentum and quality of work, you will also conquer MOS Excel and MOS PowerPoint :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation on receiving your MOS Word certification and the highest score in the class! Not being able to log in, I might have passed out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Your hard work has paid off and it will continue to pay off. Thanks for the heads up on the login issues. I think my anxiety would have been through the roof if that were me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your success in passing MOS Word and your continued success on future exams. I'm sure you'll do great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on passing the MOS Word certification exam and getting such a high score. Only two more MOS certifications.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on passing the MOS Word exam. I was also nervous about taking the test, but it all worked out for me.

    ReplyDelete