Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Spread the Holiday Joy!

Seasons Greetings,

As many of you know, I am attending both UNLV and CSN simultaneously. Although the balancing of both institutions and a combination of coursework has proven to be very time-consuming and challenging, I have also devoted a large portion of my time towards student organizations. Currently, I am the Director of Merit for the Human Resource Student Association, a SHRM Student Chapter at UNLV.  In addition to the vast number of duties and commitments, my primary duties include community outreach, community involvement, and philanthropic work. One of the projects I am currently coordinating with UNLV’s Office of Community Engagement is UNLV’s third annual (and first virtual) Holiday Toy Drive. The toy drive is to support and benefit local children of the Las Vegas valley. Donations will be provided to the Boys & Girls Club of Southern Nevada Engelstad and Gaughan Clubhouses for distribution to children of surrounding neighborhoods. 

I welcome all of you and your family members or friends looking to keep the tradition alive of ensuring no children goes without a holiday toy to participate in this COVID-friendly, easy to navigation virtual toy drive. The toy drive is being conducted entirely through Amazon. To donate: 

(1) Visit the Wish List (Amazon Wish List) to select and purchase a gift.

(2) Select "Gaughan Boys & Girls Club Gift Registry" as the "ship to" address at checkout.

(3) Your gift will be mailed directly to the Boys & Girls Club for distribution to neighborhood children.

Donations will be accepted through December 18, 2020. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, or UNLV Education and Information Officer, Tamara Marino at 702-895-4298.




10 comments:

  1. First holiday virtual toy drive, what a way to adapt to social distancing :-) Kudos to you for volunteering your time and energy to bring some joy to kids ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you still find time to volunteer for your community. I hope every child has plenty of gifts to open this Christmas and plenty of food in their bellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it amazing you find time to volunteer to the community. I will definitely look over the wishlist to see if there is anything I can contribute :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your commitment to the community is remarkable! Glad to read you are taking action to help people less fortunate and it is truly impressive that you can find a balance between all of your responsibilities and continue to be a person of action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing, Adrian. Where do you find the time to get all this stuff done? This seems like an amazing cause so, I am going to donate something and I'm telling all my friends about this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I ask myself that question all the time. Sometimes it feels like I don't really have the time, I just have to make it. Last night I stayed up till 1:30am finalizing and preparing for one of my finals, and I'm up first thing this morning doing more business. The night before, I woke up 3 hours earlier than I normally would and jumped right into IS-101 work (I was awake 21 hours!). The best feeling is getting the work actually done and off my plate. I greatly appreciate your willingness to donate and sharing the toy-drive to your friends. The children will be so happy to get a toy this holiday season!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its commendable to see you not only take on extra responsibility but also to be volunteering for your community.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It restores my faith in humanity to here there are still people like you taking that extra step, even when there lives are so busy, good job Adrian.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's an impressive list of duties!! I know it must be super overwhelming but I bet its gunna pay off in experience. Before my moms health declined I also used to keep myself super busy in student orgs and volunteer work, I miss it.

    ReplyDelete