Monday, September 21, 2020

Stop Texting and Driving

 



Hello to my AdridBlogs Readers! I loved analyzing an advertisement on my last post and after reading all the positive feedback and comments from my audience, I am glad to be bringing you another visual advertisement analysis. I believe the messaging behind this advertisement can speak to us all and is an important issue.
 
This advertisement is presented by Terremoto Propaganda, a Brazilian Company that created a worldwide ad campaign series in attempt to create awareness among people to “Stop the Violence.” The “Stop Texting and Driving” advertisement focuses on educating and conveying the potential consequences of texting and driving using scare tactics – emotionally and physically, and preachy messaging. The visual of the ad focuses on a man’s face that depicts a motor vehicle and is being struck by a human fist that also represents a motor vehicle, as a result of texting and driving. The white and gold, bold-lettered message underneath this visual states, “Stop the violence. Don’t text and drive.” The clear focus is the ad’s visual; however, without the text or its message, the concept may be perceived as ambiguous. The black background of the advertisement allows for the visual to be the explicit and primary focus of the ad, with no distractions, and also allows for the message to be easily readable. The contorted face of the man in the visual gives support to the overall message of the ad, which is that texting and driving can cause a huge, yet avoidable, life or death situation. The ad’s targeted audience are those who drive and operate a motor vehicle and have a cellular device. This advertisement effectively sends the message that if one texts and drives, he or she is putting themselves and others at risk. For the sake of saving a life, please do not text and drive or engage in any distracted driving.

9 comments:

  1. This visually impactful ad packs quite a punch! Don't text and drive indeed :-) But I agree, without the text, the cause-and-effect linkage to texting would be lost there is no visual of a cell phone or anything that references or implies texting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another powerful message through advertising, and a big reason why I am afraid of my soon to be 16 year old getting a driver's license.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is spot on. Texting and driving is a terrible thing to do both for the driver and other drivers on the road. This can seriously injure or kill someone if taken lightly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very powerful image but without the words I don't think that the message is very clear. At least to me anyway. No text message is ever important enough that it can't wait. I do however see a lot of people still doing it. It's terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the uniqueness of the image. I myself have personally seen the impact of texting and driving and it's not worth it. Thankfully they have updated vehicles with technology that allows us to make calls and respond to texts safely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The image is eye catching at first glance. Texting while driving is a general pet peeve, unless the person who is driving is texting. Most people believe they are better drivers than others on the road. Advertisements might be your niche, I enjoy your blog postings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Texting and driving is very dangerous, I think its worse than other types of distracted driving because your not even looking at the road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the image the ad uses, it'll stay with a person because it's so distinctive. Without the text the message would absolutely be perceived differently.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like this image, but I really didn't get it until I looked close. If I saw this ad on another platform I'd definitely just look over it assuming it was just something about boxing.

    ReplyDelete